The Fire Flash Pro by HAIX is a solid fire fighter boot, which extends to a height of just under 30 centimeters. Capable of meeting any challenge, it provides an extremely high degree of heat resistance and will protect you during deployments both indoors and outside. As well as being waterproof, the Fire Flash Pro is also highly breathable. This means that your feet will stay dry, even after long periods spent working in wet surroundings.
A high degree of heat insulation – perfectly suited to tackling fires in buildings
The Fire Flash Pro by HAIX complies with Fire Brigade Boot Standards F2A and HI3. The F2A pictogram means that it fulfils the basic requirements of Type 2 fire brigade safety footwear, i.e. is suitable for tackling fires in buildings and vehicles. The “A” indicates compliance with antistatic requirements, whilst “HI3”states the degree of heat insulation provided. The latter is the highest value that can be accorded to a fire brigade boot. Fire fighting footwear is subjected to testing in a sand bath, where it is exposed to temperatures of 250 degrees for 40 minutes. The temperature in the Fire Flash Pro stayed significantly under 42 degrees, and the boot sustained no external damage.
Concealed lacing system, can be put on and taken off extremely quickly
An individual and simple lacing system ensures that the Fire Flash Pro sits perfectly at all times. It can also be laced to different tightnesses depending on the breadth of the wearer’s calves and feet. One special feature is fire resistant laces which are completely concealed behind a zipped leather inlay. This ensures that they cannot catch on any objects that may be lying around. The Fire Flash Pro can be put on and taken off extremely quickly thanks to a lace fixing system and a pull-on strap located on the back of the boot.
- The HAIX Fire Flash Pro is manufactured in high quality waterproof bull leather which, despite being up to 2.7 millimetres thick, still remains highly breathable.
- It also reflects the sunlight to ensure that less warmth is transported to your feet.
- Meta-aramide fibres shield your feet against chainsaw cuts up to a speed of 24 m/s. This represents class two cut protection.
- An additional cap installed over the toe cap increases abrasion resistance and helps prevent wear and tear.
Lining, inlays, toe cap
- The HAIX Fire Flash Pro has a multi-ply GORE-TEX® membrane which makes it both permanently watertight and highly breathable. Your feet will remain dry at all times. No moisture is able to penetrate from outside, whilst sweat is absorbed and expelled. This is a boot which also features enhanced protection against chemicals and the famous HAIX Climate System. The latter makes use of the pumping movements generated as you walk to transport sweat to openings located at the shaft and tongue.
- The insole comprises a fleece material that also helps to absorb sweat. The inlays may be removed at regular intervals and washed if required.
- A broad padded toe cap provides sufficient room at the front of the boot and will also protect you against impacts and any falling objects at the place of deployment.
- A heel rounding and a special curved inlay in the instep area give greater freedom of movement.
- The rubber shell sole of the HAIX Fire Flash Pro offers a high degree of both slip and abrasion resistance. A deep rung-shaped tread ensures a firm foothold on street surfaces and other terrains as well as making it easier to climb ladders.
- PU foam integrated across the whole of the sole area enhances the boot’s shock-absorbing properties and provides additional insulation against the heat and cold.
- The sole is also puncture resistant to protect you against sharp articles underfoot such as nails and resistant against hazardous liquids, including oil and petrol.
- A patented shock-absorption system reduces pressure on the feet and joints, corrects the foot position and ensures an upright gait.
- The HAIX Fire Flash Pro offers good insulation against the heat and cold and is thus suitable for use throughout the year.
This is a tall, stable and comfortable professional boot which has been specifically designed with fire fighters in mind. It insulates against extreme temperatures, is absolutely watertight and offers cut protection. It will keep your feet secure and safe regardless of whether you are pumping out a cellar or seeking the centre of a fire. Try out your new HAIX boots now.