The Special Fighter by HAIX provides secure support to fire fighters every time they go out on a call. A four-ply GORE-TEX® membrane makes it watertight and highly breathable at the same time. The fine pores contained within the membrane prevent any penetration by water drops whilst still permitting moisture to be expelled. Your feet will remain dry in searing heat, driving rain, snow or floods.
In addition, special pigments contained within the black leather of the boot reflect sunlight to prevent any unnecessary overheating. This means that less warmth is transported to your feet, leaving them feeling cool and fresh even in high temperatures.
Protection in accordance with the fire brigade boot standard EN 15090:2012, Type F2A, HI3
The Special Fighter complies with the fire brigade boot standard EN 15090:2012, Type TypF2A, HI3. This means that it features a toe cap, is puncture resistant and antistatic and will provide maximum protection against injury.
Boots which meet the EN 15090:2012 – Type F2A standard are equally suited to deployments outdoors and to fire fighting in buildings, vehicles or other closed spaces. The HAIX Special Fighter provides total insulation against temperatures of up to 250 degrees for a minimum period of 40 minutes.
Can be put on and taken off extremely quickly
The Special Fighter is fastened using the HAIX Lacing System, a practical combination of a zip and conventional laces. Simply adjust the boots to a perfect fit prior to using them for the first time, and subsequently they can be put on and taken off via the zip only.
- The HAIX Special Fighter is entirely manufactured in waterproof bull leather, a particularly durable and water-repellent material.
- The tip of the boot is subjected to particular pressures during the course of your work, and for this reason the leather in this area is protected by an additional rubber cap.
- Special pigments in the leather reflect the sun’s rays to prevent overheating.
- HAIX’s practical lacing system means that your boots only need to be adjusted to the width of your feet once. After that, they are put on and taken off simply by using the stable zip fastener.
- The laces, seams and other external materials of the Special Fighter are all flame retardant.
Inner lining, footbed and inlays
- A four-ply GORE-TEX® membrane makes the Special Fighter watertight and highly breathable at the same time.
- An abrasion-resistant inner lining delivers pleasant comfort of wear in any weather.
- A broad steel toe cap prevents any injuries in the front foot area that may potentially be caused by impacts or falling objects.
- A interim layer of PU foam cushions your steps as you go to decrease pressure on the joints and spine.
- The HAIX Climate System transports dampness to openings placed at the shaft and the tongue. This means that the interior of the boot remains dry, even in hot conditions.
- A fast-drying anatomically formed inlay also helps to absorb moisture and can be removed and washed as and when necessary.
- The same function is performed by the fleece insole, ensuring that your feet will not sweat during long and strenuous days at work.
- The slip-resistant rubber sole of the HAIX Special Fighter is particularly robust and durable and will provide a firm grip on different surface.
- It gives outstanding insulation against heat and cold as well as being puncture resistant. Any sharp stones or nails you may tread on will not be able to penetrate the boot.
- The sole is also resistant to oil and petrol.
The Special Fighter complies with the fire brigade boot standard EN 15090:2012, Type F2A, HI3. It is particularly hard wearing, resistant to heat and cold and will reliably protect your feet against fire and the wet. Discover the benefit of this fire fighter boot for yourself now!